This project is a coordinating effort of inter-disciplines (Social Policy, Social Work, Public Health and Geography) and inter-institutions to perform a comprehensive and longitudinal research on the current trends and implications of poverty and social disadvantages in Hong Kong.
The objectives of the research are as follows:
- To improve the measurement of poverty, deprivation, and exclusion
- To assess current changes in poverty, deprivation and exclusion for different disadvantaged groups and different places in Hong Kong
- To examine the relationship between poverty, exclusion, social disadvantages, health and place
- To conduct policy-relevant analyses of outcomes and causal relationships
- To examine impacts of poverty, deprivation and social disadvantages affect health and well-being of young people and elderly